In the past, Mount Pleasant was the playground and summer residence of the wealthy from Charleston SC. Today, more than 70,000 residents are pleased to consider the area home. People relocating to the area and those purchasing new houses always check out the homes for sale in Mount Pleasant, SC.
Mount Pleasant: A Special Place to Live
Mount Pleasant is located only a short drive over the river from Charleston and was listed by Money magazine in 2006 as one of the best 100 places to live in the United States. Rivers, creeks, and intracoastal waters border three sides of Mount Pleasant. The well-planned neighborhoods offer parks, marinas, golfing, walking and bike paths and, above all, superb waterfront views.
Residents of Mount Pleasant particularly enjoy its convenient location to downtown Charleston, outstanding lots and homes, nearby upscale shopping, and immediate access to water recreation facilities. Newer residential areas offer a good selection of moderately priced and high-end homes. One of the most sought after neighborhoods in Mount Pleasant is Dunes West.
Explore Real Estate in Dunes West
Imagine being able to live in a community that blends the natural surroundings of Low Country living, the historic past of South Carolina and Mount Pleasant, along with all the amenities of modern living. Welcome to Dunes West! Fronting the Wagner Creek, Wando River and Toomer Creek, Dunes West homes offer spectacular views of the golf course, deep water, marsh or woods, and tidal creeks. Almost 12 miles of waterfront is contained in this neighborhood.
Dunes West is a well-planned gated community, offering homes ranging in price from the low $400,000s to $700,000s plus, townhomes from the high $200,000s, and even new home sites from the high $100-$700,000s. There is a residence available in Dunes West to match every lifestyle choice, from an elegant townhouse, a gracious traditional home surrounded by towering oaks, or a custom designed waterfront estate home.
Residents of Dunes West enjoy the best amenities, including:
- The Dunes West Golf Club, a championship 18 hole course designed by Arthur Hill, with a Southern style clubhouse and restaurant, and active social calendar
- The Dunes West Athletic Club, offering fitness programs, pools, a water park, tennis courts, and endless walking and biking paths
- One of the region’s largest playgrounds for the under twelve group
- Bike and walking distance to excellent elementary, middle and high schools
- Upscale shopping, dining and entertainment at the Mount Pleasant Town Center
- Excellent hospitals and health care services nearby
You too can join this exclusive neighborhood. Enjoy Lowcountry living at its finest in Dunes West. Contact Lisa Richart with RE/MAX Advanced Realty to explore the offerings available.